Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Plein Aire Oil Painting - Tything Barn

Well after so much rain this summer I decided to go camping and yes you guessed it rain. Nine days camping, 7 days rain and 2 1/2 days sun. I was able to do this painting of one of the lakes. The sun was directly overhead when I started so there wasn't too many shadows. The sun was bright but there were still clouds in the sky.

This is the 1st PA oil painting I have done so in that event I am a happy man - been waiting for soooo long to get out in the UK to paint due to the amount of rain we have had this summer. I am a little disappointed with the picture as when I look at it on the computer screen there is very little depth of field and it appears to be flat. It is also shiny which precludes me to think I may have used too much linseed oil.

Still one hopes I can only get better!!

The painting was done with Winsor and Newton oil colours on 10 x 12 canvas on board.


No comments: